Well, we got a dog! Never thought we would for another couple years. But a friend of ours had a friend who's house burnt down and Dusty was inside! :( He didn't get hurt thank goodness. But they didn't have a place for him anymore. He was kind of shook up when we got him. It made me nervous at first around the girls, I don't think he was really around kids before.
He's 4 years old. He's an English pointer. And (the good part) he was free! These dogs go for about $1500 because they're smart hunting dogs. And we kind of felt sorry for him. He's doing so good now! I don't think I've ever seen him make a mad face. He barked at Kevin acouple times the first day, but ever since then, he loves Kevin! He knows when it's time for him to come home (I feel the same way)! He's totally smart, smarter than any dog I've seen. He's very obedient and he knows the girls now, so I'm not nervous anymore. We love him around here (if he stays outside)! I think Kevin is glad to have another boy around!
p.s. CONGRADULATIONS to our dearest friends, Rachell and Jeff Massey, who are finally pregnant after 8 long years!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Dusty
Posted by
Britney and Kevin
at
12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Congratulations on the dog!! I am sure the girls just love him! I just got a puppy and my 5 year old niece is scared to death of him. He's two months old and doesn't understand that biting hurts people. :-)
Oh how fun! You are brave to get a dog! I don't know if I will ever get a dog! haha I'm glad the dog has another good home! I'm sure the girls love him! I love the pic of the girls standing by the door looking out!
We have had bad luck with dogs. . . someday maybe.
Congratulations to Jeff and Rachell. . . Maybe she will start updating her blog now :)
let's keep this a secret! My boys will be sooo jealous.
He's cute...I love dogs!
thanks Britney! You are so sweet to post our good news!
Hey Brit,
Thanks for the tickets to the Aribian Horse show. It was so much fun to come and hang out with you guys this past weekend. We miss you guys so much! I am glad that you live in the valley still so we can come and see you! Can't wait till you come and see us up here. It might not be as exciting but on the ride home Jeff and I talked about ideas of what to do when you guys come again and came up with what we thought were some pretty good ideas. Like what you ask...well...cookout....quad riding....fishing (if it is warm enough) and burn a ceder....yeah we were getting deperate! Tell Terry and Tad they are welcome to come to we sure enjoyed seeing them again too!
Post a Comment